Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bathers Pavillion

Balmoral Beach has always been one of my favorite places in Sydney, I'm happy just to buy a slice of brownies from the cafe and enjoy the view from the window or buy a take away coffee and had a walk near the cliff or even bought a takeaway dinner from a nearby resto (the most memorable one when we bought hainamese chicken rice from Ginger and Spice all the way from Neutral Bay) and ate it in the bench.

But when Moco gave me a surprise to actually enjoy a dinner in the hot seat of course I won't complaint :)

Complimentary amuse-bouche. I don't think I'm a fan of cold cauliflower but hey it's free.


Beautiful bread. Crunchy on the outside, soft in the inside, served warm and let the butter melt on it..hmm..

Funny that I'm quite picky with bread and noodle whilst Moco's favorite normally consist bread and noodle lol

Our entree..
pan seared scallops with bourdin noir broad bean puree and walnut vinaigrette

beetroot cured duck breast with chevre liver parfait, brioche and dill vinaigrette

Well I was actually struggling to eat the duck breast. I can't even eat a raw king fish, let alone to chew a raw duck, what was I thinking? I think the word brioche has distracted me, I love good French brioche. But sadly I can't see any brioche on the plate but anyway at least I tried something new so next time I know NOT to order it again. I think I ended up stealing Moco's scallop entree ;)

Love my main though, poached free range chicken with confit leg sweet corn pudding and smoked prawn butter..hmm..


Moco's main pan roasted barramundi with smoked ham hock spring onion, peas and baby cos lettuce



Dessert to be shared..

menage a trois des chocolats sauce anglaise

Bottom line, Merci Moco..you're the best xx

No comments:

Post a Comment