Saturday, December 12, 2009

Birthday Risotto and All Spices Bruschetta

This would be the second Saturday in the row that we cooked at home. The menu for tonight is:

Entree:
Bruschetta with basil, garlic, parmesan cheese and our fave peri-peri powder.

Main:
Fish risotto with mushroom, beetroot and corn.

Dessert:
Fresh cut Mangoes and chocolate soy thick shake

Drinks:
Lindemans Semillon Sauvignon Blanc



Ok I hear you. Beetroot risotto? with fish?? woot? Well this is kinda a special dish for me actually. For my last birthday I requested this dish to my partner and he pulled the experiment beautifully, hence this has became our special risotto recipe.

I like risotto but normally risotto that I've had in the past were just chicken and mushroom or seafood or sometimes if I'm lucky I will find somekind of pumpkin inside. Inspired by my vegetarian ex-colleague, I decided beetroot is totally feasible for risotto. It gives natural sweetness. lovely colour, great texture, and it really mixes well with arborio and cheese. I'd add fish and corn since that was my birthday afterall, I could pick whatever I wanted :)



Oh and since I didn't have the blog yet last week (but still managed to take some photos), this what we cooked last Saturday.

Entree:
Beer battered prawns and wedges

Main:
Crispy Salmon with a rustic rattaoulie



Dessert:
Seven Eleven Slurpie

Drinks:
Calrlsberg Beer! Excess from the batter of course ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment